Crimson Engine is our play on the local favorite, corned beef and rice or “Fire Engine.” Regarded as comfort food, this dish is one that can be at every table throughout The Bahamas. We’ve taken this traditional recipe and added a little Believe flare. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/4 cup Believe Wines Crimson Dry
- 2 cans corned beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil (or Canola oil)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup water (or beef broth)
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once heated, add onion and bell pepper. Cook until onions become clear and bell peppers soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add corned beef and thyme and saute. While cooking, use spoon to break up corn beef.
- Allow corned beef mixture to saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste and pepper, and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add water and stir mixture to combine. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Following, add Believe Wines Crimson Dry and return to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- If desired, add salt to taste and serve with white rice or grits (for breakfast).
This recipe uses: